Metro Physio Prenton – Corona Virus information and instructions
During these unprecedented times we of course must significantly alter the way we operate and ask that you read the below. You must only attend a face to face appointment if you are comfortable with the measures we have taken, considered the risks posed and therefore give informed consent. We have carried out a full Covid-19 risk assessment at all clinics and advise the following: –
- We use the guidelines provided by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy to justify a face to face appointment.
- If you self-fund your treatment we prefer contactless or if not card payment (we do not currently accept cash).
- Please wear a face mask to the appointment and if this is not possible please email us in advance of your appointment and we will arrange to have a mask left next to the hand sanitiser in reception.
- Please attend alone unless you require a chaperone or assistance (any person attending must agree to follow the same procedures as yourself i.e. wear a face mask, be screened for Covid-19 symptoms, maintain social distance as much as possible, follow a one-way flow around the clinic etc.)
- Please attend your appointment on time and no earlier than 5 minutes before your appointment time. This will ensure a smooth flow of appointments and reduce the chance of contact with another patient. Please wait in your vehicle if you arrive early to your appointment.
- Please enter the building via the main gym entrance and turn right into our waiting area.
- There will be no receptionist so upon entering please use the hand sanitiser provided and take a seat.
- We have removed all non-essential items from the waiting area and clinic rooms, including tea/coffee facilities.
- If possible do not use the gym toilets but if used please sanitise your hands when you re-enter the waiting room.
- The therapist will greet you at your appointment time and firstly screen you for symptoms of Covid-19.
- The treatment room and waiting area will be cleaned and disinfected before and after every patient
- The therapist will wear PPE as instructed by the latest guidelines of a 3-ply face mask changed after every shift or if soiled, moist or damaged, disposable gloves and apron which are changed after every patient.
- At the completion of the appointment you will be asked to sanitise your hands.
- You will leave the clinic via the exit in the treatment room to minimise risk of contact with other patients.
- PPE equipment will be disposed in line with current guidance
Treatments Provided by Metro Physio Wirral
Please note that our more specialised services such as injection therapy are not provided at all our clinics.
Physiotherapy & Sport Rehabilitation
We start with a detailed assessment and examination to ensure we have a clear understanding of the problem before building your treatment plan. We will use a range of techniques and treatments to acheive the desired results.
Acupuncture is used in conjunction with other treatments such as manual therapy and exercise to enhance treatment outcomes by reducing pain and promoting healing. It stimulates the brain and spinal cord to produce natural chemicals such as endorphins and serotonin.
Ostenil Injection Therapy
An effective treatment for mild to moderate osteoarthritis, we inject a substance directly into a joint or tissue to achieve pain relief that typically lasts 9 – 12 months.
Sports Massage in Wirral
Sports therapy includes sports massage which is a deep tissue massage used to alleviate stress and tension and to address minor issues as they occur to help prevent long term niggling injuries developing. Anyone can benefit from sports massage treatments, you don’t have to be a sports person!
A manual therapy which involves manipulation of the spine to increase the range of movement. It is often used to relieve chronic lower back pain.
Taping can be used to give additional support to muscles and joints to aid the recovery process and reduce pain. The tape must be applied in a specific way which is influenced by many individual factors. You should consult an expert for advice before using tape yourself.
What Our Clients Think Of Our Services
Meet The Metro Physio Team
Please note that most therapists work at more than one clinic. If you wish to see a specific therapist please let us know and we will let you know which clinics they work at and at what times.
Physiotherapy Birkenhead and Wirral
Metro Physio provides expert Physiotherapy, Sports Rehabilitation, Sports Massage, Acupuncture and many other services from our Prenton Clinic on the Wirral and at other locations across Greater Manchester and Merseyside.
All our Wirral Physiotherapists have completed extensive training in the field of Physiotherapy and are members of the Health Care Professions Council and Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. Our Physiotherapy team frequently attend postgraduate courses and continuous professional development to ensure they always deliver the highest level of assessment and treatment. As we are based within the Total Fitness Health Club, we are able to offer rehabilitation in both our highly equipped treatment room and the prestigious Total Fitness Gym. We also offer acupuncture, sports taping and sports massage therapies in Wirral.
Locating the Building
The clinic is very easily located at junction 3 of the M53 which is the large Prenton/ Woodchurch roundabout. Follow the signs on the roundabout for the North Cheshire Trading Estate which brings you onto Prenton Way. The Total Fitness Health Club is located a short distance down Prenton Way on the right hand side.
There is private car parking available in the gym car park.
Accessing the Building
Please enter the gym via the main entrance.
Locating The Waiting Area
The Metro Physio waiting area is located just to the right as you enter the club.