Metro Physio Middleton – Corona Virus information and instructions
During these unprecedented times we of course must significantly alter the way we operate and ask that you read the below. You must only attend a face to face appointment if you are comfortable with the measures we have taken, considered the risks posed and therefore give informed consent. We have carried out a full Covid-19 risk assessment at all clinics and advise the following: –
- We use the guidelines provided by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy to justify a face to face appointment.
- If you opt for a face to face appointment, we take this as consent to contact tracing if this becomes necessary.
- You must not attend if you or anyone in your household tests positive or develops any Covid-19 symptoms.
- If you self-fund your treatment we prefer contactless or if not card payment (we do not currently accept cash).
- Please attend alone unless you require a chaperone or assistance (any person attending must agree to follow the same procedures as yourself i.e. be screened for covid-19 symptoms, maintain social distance as much as possible etc).
- David Lloyd do not stipulate use of a face mask; however, it is the policy of Metro Physio (based on our professional bodies guidance) to wear a face mask in the Physio department. If you do not have a face mask, please inform us via email and we will leave a mask next to the hand sanitiser in the waiting room.
Entering the club: –
- Please arrive at the club 15 minutes early as you may have to queue to enter.
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands on entering the club – please follow the signs provided.
- If you are David Lloyd club member please enter as per David Lloyd guidelines.
- If you are a non-member you will be required to “sign in” and the pen is sanitised in between use.
- Whilst in the club please adhere to all David Lloyd guidance as displayed on notices.
Entering the Physiotherapy department and during your session: –
- Please sanitise your hands immediately upon entering the Physio department using instructions provided.
- Take a seat in the physio waiting area.
- If you requested a face mask it will be on the waiting room desk, so please put this on immediately.
- We will have removed all non-essential items from waiting areas and clinic rooms.
- The treatment room and waiting area will be cleaned / disinfected before and after every patient.
- The therapist will greet you in the waiting room and firstly screen you for symptoms of Covid-19.
- The therapist will wear PPE as instructed by the latest guidelines of a 3-ply face mask which will be changed after every shift or if soiled, moist or damaged, disposable gloves and apron which are changed after every patient.
- At the completion of the appointment you will be asked to sanitise your hands.
Exiting the Physiotherapy department: –
- After your appointment, the therapist will open the doors for you to exit into the lounge on your exit.
- Please exit the club via the front door.
Treatments Provided by Metro Physio Middleton
Please note that our more specialised services such as injection therapy are not provided at all our clinics.
Physiotherapy & Sport Rehabilitation
We start with a detailed assessment and examination to ensure we have a clear understanding of the sports injury or physical difficulty before building your treatment plan. We will use a range of techniques and treatments to achieve the desired results.
Acupuncture is used in conjunction with other treatments such as manual therapy and exercise to enhance treatment outcomes by reducing pain and promoting healing. It stimulates the brain and spinal cord to produce natural chemicals such as endorphins and serotonin.
Ostenil Injection Therapy
An effective treatment for mild to moderate osteoarthritis, we inject a substance directly into a joint or tissue to achieve pain relief that typically lasts 9 – 12 months.
Sports Massage in Middleton
Sports therapy includes sports massage which is a deep tissue massage used to alleviate stress and tension and to address minor issues as they occur to help prevent long term niggling injuries developing. Anyone can benefit from sports massage treatments, you don’t have to be a sports person!
A manual therapy which involves manipulation of the spine to increase the range of movement. It is often used to relieve chronic lower back pain.
Taping can be used to give additional support to muscles and joints to aid the recovery process and reduce pain. The tape must be applied in a specific way which is influenced by many individual factors. You should consult an expert for advice before using tape yourself.
What Our Clients Think Of Our Services
Meet The Metro Physio Team
Please note that most therapists work at more than one clinic. If you wish to see a specific therapist please let us know and we will let you know which clinics they work at and at what times.
Physiotherapy Heywood, Middleton
Metro Physio provides expert Physiotherapy, Sports Rehabilitation, Sports Massage, Acupuncture and many other services from our Middleton Clinic and across Greater Manchester and Merseyside.
Our Middleton Physiotherapists and Sports Rehabilitators are all extensively trained and experienced to make certain we provide first class care to individuals of all ages and abilities suffering from discomfort, weakness or mobility problems. They all frequently attend postgrad training to ensure they stay up to date with current research to deliver the highest level of assessment and treatment. We are so confident of the service we provide that we offer a refund and your following session free of charge if you are not satisfied after any appointment.
Locating the Building
We are located in David Lloyd Leisure also known as the Lancashire Health and Racquets club. The gym is very easily located from Junction 19 of the M60 which is the large roundabout near Heaton Park and Sainsbury’s. Head toward Middleton town centre from this junction and within 200 yards you will reach a set of traffic lights. Turn left onto Heywood Old Road. Proceed up the hill and then down the hill and the club is located shortly after this on the right hand side of the road.
There is ample car parking available in the gym car park.
Accessing the Building
Please use the gym’s main front door.
Club reception is located on the right hand side as you enter. You will need to inform them you are here for physio and they will ask you to sign in. Please also ask where the physio room is and they will gladly help you.
Locating the Treatment Room
Head down the corridor through the first set of double doors this will bring you to the lounge/ bar area. Continue straight on through the next set of double doors. This will lead you into a narrow corridor with indoor tennis courts on the left. The corridor veers to the right and the physio room is located on the right next to the female changing rooms.
Letting the Physio know you have arrived
Please knock on arrival but do not enter as treatment may be in progress.
Locating the waiting area
There is a seating area next to the large Metro Physio pull up banner. Please wait here until the physio comes to greet you.