Metro Physio Bolton – Corona Virus information and instructions
During these unprecedented times we of course must significantly alter the way we operate and ask that you read the below. You must only attend a face to face appointment if you are comfortable with the measures we have taken, considered the risks posed and therefore give informed consent. We have carried out a full Covid-19 risk assessment at all clinics and advise the following: –
- We use the guidelines provided by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy to justify a face to face appointment.
- If you opt for a face to face appointment, we take this as consent to contact tracing if this becomes necessary.
- You must not attend if you or anyone in your household tests positive or develops any Covid-19 symptoms.
- If you self-fund your treatment we prefer contactless or if not card payment (we do not currently accept cash).
- Please attend alone unless you require a chaperone or assistance (any person attending must agree to follow the same procedures as yourself i.e. wear a face mask, be screened for covid-19 symptoms, maintain social distance as much as possible, follow a one-way flow around the clinic etc.).
- Please wear a face mask to the appointment and if this is not possible please email us in advance of your appointment and we will arrange to have a mask left next to the hand sanitiser in reception.
- Please wait outside the building until your appointment time.
- Please enter the building via the front door which will be kept open during clinic hours.
- The vestibule door will be closed so please use the intercom on your arrival (there is no receptionist on site).
- Please read all the signs on the vestibule door.
- Please sanitise hands in the vestibule immediately upon arrival using the sanitiser and instructions provided.
- If you requested a face mask it will next to the hand sanitiser in the waiting room so, please immediately put this on.
- When the therapist has let you in, please enter the waiting room to the left
- The waiting room chairs have been spaced to 2 metres apart so please do not move them.
- As the premises is multiple use, there is a maximum of 3 people allowed in the waiting room at any one time.
- We will have removed all non-essential items from waiting areas and clinic rooms.
- If possible do not use our toilet facilities, if used please inform the therapist to ensure the area can be disinfected.
- The treatment room and waiting area will be cleaned / disinfected before and after every patient.
- The therapist will greet you in the waiting room and firstly screen you for symptoms of Covid-19.
- The therapist will wear PPE as instructed by the latest guidelines of a 3-ply face mask which will be changed after every shift or if soiled, moist or damaged, disposable gloves and apron which are changed after every patient.
- At the completion of the appointment you will be asked to sanitise your hands.
- After your appointment the therapist will open the door from the treatment room to the corridor on your exit.
- Please exit to the rear of the property thereby ensuring a one-way flow around the clinic.
- PPE equipment will be disposed in line with current guidance
Treatments Provided by Metro Physio
We treat a wide range of conditions, but please note that our more specialised services such as injection therapy are not provided at all our clinics.
Physiotherapy & Sport Rehabilitation
We start with a detailed assessment and examination to ensure we have a clear understanding of the problem before building your treatment plan. We will use a range of techniques and treatments to acheive the desired results.
Acupuncture is used in conjunction with other treatments such as manual therapy and exercise to enhance treatment outcomes by reducing pain and promoting healing. It stimulates the brain and spinal cord to produce natural chemicals such as endorphins and serotonin.
Ostenil Injection Therapy
An effective treatment for mild to moderate osteoarthritis, we inject a substance directly into a joint or tissue to achieve pain relief that typically lasts 9 – 12 months.
Sports Massage in Bolton
Sports massage is a deep tissue massage used to alleviate stress and tension and to address minor issues as they occur to help with sport injury prevention. Anyone can benefit from a sports massage, you don’t have to be a sports person!
A manual therapy which involves manipulation of the spine to increase the range of movement. It is often used to relieve chronic lower back pain.
Taping can be used to give additional support to muscles and joints to aid the recovery process and reduce pain. The tape must be applied in a specific way which is influenced by many individual factors. You should consult an expert for advice before using tape yourself.
What Our Clients Think Of Our Services
Meet The Metro Physio Team
Please note that most team members work at more than one physiotherapy clinic. If you wish to see a specific therapist please let us know and we will let you know which clinics they work at and at what times.
Metro Physio provides expert Physiotherapy, Sports Rehabilitation, Sports Massage, Acupuncture and many other services from our Bolton Clinic and across Greater Manchester and Merseyside.
Our Bolton Physiotherapists have all completed extensive training to ensure we provide first class care to people of all ages and abilities suffering from pain, weakness or mobility problems. Our physiotherapists in Bolton all regularly attend postgraduate training to ensure they stay up to date with current research to provide the highest level of assessment and treatment. We are so confident in the service provided that we offer a refund and your next session free if you are disappointed after any appointment.
Locating the Building – We are located at 13 Chorley Old Rd, Bolton BL1 3AD which is very close to the junction that meets Chorley New Road.
Parking – There is parking to the rear of property as indicated below on Park Hill Street (just off Chorley New Road).
Accessing the Building – Please access the building using the intercom at the front door of 13 Chorley Old Road.
Locating Reception – Reception is the first room on the left, so please take seat whilst waiting for your appointment.
Locating The Treatment Room – The therapist will come and meet you at or prior to your appointment time and take you to the treatment room.