Metro Physio Stockport – Corona Virus information and instructions
During these unprecedented times we of course must significantly alter the way we operate and ask that you read the below. You must only attend a face to face appointment if you are comfortable with the measures we have taken, considered the risks posed and therefore give informed consent. We have carried out a full Covid-19 risk assessment at all clinics and advise the following: – Please especially note the instructions highlighted in RED: –
- Please wear a mask to your appointment, if you do not have one please email in advance of your appointment and we will leave a mask next to the hand sanitising station.
- Please DO NOT arrive early as there is no waiting area so if early please wait in your car and five minutes before your appointment please wait on the rear drive of the building (DO NOT approach the building from the front i.e. do not use the main Moorside clinic reception)
- The therapist will greet you on the drive outside the rear entrance and invite you into the treatment room.
- We use the guidelines provided by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy to justify a face to face appointment.
- If you opt for a face to face appointment, we take this as consent to contact tracing if this becomes necessary.
- You must not attend if you or anyone in your household tests positive or develops any Covid-19 symptoms.
- If you self-fund your treatment we prefer contactless or if not card payment (we do not currently accept cash)
- Please attend alone unless you require a chaperone or assistance (any person attending must agree to follow the same procedures as yourself i.e. wear a face mask, be screened for covid-19 symptoms, maintain social distance as much as possible).
- Please sanitise your hands immediately upon arrival at the sanitising station using the instructions provided.
- The treatment room will be cleaned/disinfected after each session.
- Toilet facilities are not available, and we are no longer able to provide tea/coffee refreshments.
- The therapist will wear PPE as instructed by the latest guidelines of a 3-ply face mask which will be changed after every shift or if soiled, moist or damaged, disposable gloves and apron which are changed after every patient.
- At the completion of the appointment you will be asked to sanitise your hands
- The therapist will open the door from the treatment room to enable you to exit safely.
- PPE equipment will be disposed in line with current guidance
Physiotherapy Treatments Provided by Metro Physio
Please note that our more specialised services such as injection therapy are not provided at all our clinics. Browse the treatments at our physiotherapy Stockport clinic below.
Physiotherapy & Sport RehabilitationWe start with a detailed assessment and examination to ensure we have a clear understanding of the problem before building your treatment plan. We will use a range of techniques and treatments to acheive the desired results.
AcupunctureAcupuncture is used in conjunction with other treatments such as manual therapy and exercise to enhance treatment outcomes by reducing pain and promoting healing. It stimulates the brain and spinal cord to produce natural chemicals such as endorphins and serotonin.
Ostenil Injection TherapyAn effective treatment for mild to moderate osteoarthritis, we inject a substance directly into a joint or tissue to achieve pain relief that typically lasts 9 – 12 months.
Sports Massage TreatmentsSports massage therapy is a deep tissue massage used to alleviate stress and tension and to address minor issues as they occur to help prevent long term niggling injuries developing. Anyone can benefit from a sports massage, you don’t have to be a sports person or have a sports injury!
Spinal ManipulationA manual therapy which involves manipulation of the spine to increase the range of movement. It is often used to relieve chronic lower back pain.
Sports TapingTaping can be used to give additional support to muscles and joints to aid the recovery process and reduce pain. The tape must be applied in a specific way which is influenced by many individual factors. You should consult an expert for advice before using tape yourself.
What Our Clients Think Of Our Services
Meet The Metro Physio Team
Please note that most therapists work at more than one clinic. If you wish to see a specific therapist please let us know and we will let you know which clinics they work at and at what times, or who is available at the Heaton physiotherapy clinic.
Physiotherapy service in Stockport
Metro Physio provides expert Physiotherapy, Sports Rehabilitation, Sports Massage, Acupuncture and many other services from our Stockport Clinic and across Greater Manchester and Merseyside.
Our Stockport Physiotherapists and Sports Rehabilitators are all extensively trained and experienced to make certain we provide first class care to individuals of all ages and abilities suffering from discomfort, weakness or mobility problems. They all frequently attend postgrad training to ensure they stay up to date with current research to deliver the highest level of assessment and treatment. We are so confident of the service we provide that we offer a refund and your following session free of charge if you are not satisfied after any appointment.
Locating the Building
Our Stockport clinic is easily located from Junction 1 of the M60 near the Pyramid building. At the roundabout take the exit sign posted ‘Didsbury A5145’, head along Didsbury Road passing ‘Pets at home’ and ‘Staples’ on your left. Approximately 1km after the roundabout, turn right at a set of traffic lights onto Bankhall Road which merges onto Moorside Road. Travel for approximately 1/3 of a mile along this road and take the 3rd right onto Albert Road. You will see the ‘Moorside Clinic’ on the corner of Albert Road and Moorside Road. The postcode for this clinic is SK4 4DT.
There is plenty of on street parking on Albert Road and Moorside road though please ensure you don’t park on yellow lines!
Accessing the Building
Enter the building via the front door and report to reception.
Locating The Treatment Room
Take a seat in reception and the therapist will take you through to the treatment room at your appointment time.