Metro Physio Salford – Corona Virus information and instructions
During these unprecedented times we of course must significantly alter the way we operate and ask that you read the below. You must only attend a face to face appointment if you are comfortable with the measures we have taken, considered the risks posed and therefore give informed consent. We have carried out a full Covid-19 risk assessment at all clinics and advise the following: –
- We use the guidelines provided by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy to justify a face to face appointment.
- If you opt for a face to face appointment, we take this as consent to contact tracing if this becomes necessary.
- You must not attend if you or anyone in your household tests positive or develops any Covid-19 symptoms.
- If you self-fund treatment, we prefer contactless or if not card payment (we do not currently accept cash)
- Please wear a face mask to the appointment and if this is not possible please email us in advance of your appointment and we will arrange to have a mask left next to the hand sanitiser in reception.
- Please attend alone unless you require a chaperone or assistance (any person attending must agree to follow the same procedures as yourself i.e. wear a face mask, be screened for covid-19 symptoms, maintain social distance as much as possible, follow a one-way flow around the clinic etc.)
- Please wait outside the building until your appointment time
- Please enter the building via the front or rear doors which will be kept open during clinic hours
- If possible do not use our toilet facilities, if used please inform the therapist to ensure the area can be disinfected.
- Please enter the clinic via the reception door which will be kept open during clinic hours. (NB there may not be a receptionist on site)
- Please only enter reception if no other person is present (except the therapist and possibly a receptionist)
- Please sanitise your hands immediately upon arrival using the sanitiser and instructions provided
- We will have removed all non-essential items from waiting areas and clinic rooms.
- The treatment room and waiting area will be cleaned / disinfected before and after every patient
- The therapist will greet you in the waiting room and firstly screen you for symptoms of Covid-19
- The therapist will wear PPE as instructed by the latest guidelines of a 3-ply face mask which will be changed after every shift or if soiled, moist or damaged, disposable gloves and apron which are changed after every patient.
- At the completion of the appointment you will be asked to sanitise your hands
- The therapist will open a door from the treatment room to the corridor on your exit ensuring a one-way flow.
- PPE equipment will be disposed in line with current guidance
Treatments Provided at our Salford Physiotherapy clinic
Please note that our more specialised services such as our running assessment are not provided at all clinics.
Physiotherapy & Sport Rehabilitation
We start with a detailed assessment and examination to ensure we have a clear understanding of the problem before building your treatment plan. We will use a range of techniques and treatments to acheive the desired results.
Our Salford acupuncture treatment is used in conjunction with other treatments such as manual therapy and exercise to enhance treatment outcomes by reducing pain and promoting healing. It stimulates the brain and spinal cord to produce natural chemicals such as endorphins and serotonin.
Ostenil Injection Therapy
An effective treatment for mild to moderate osteoarthritis, we inject a substance directly into a joint or tissue to achieve pain relief that typically lasts 9 – 12 months.
Sports massage is a deep tissue massage used to alleviate stress and tension and to address minor issues as they occur to help prevent long term niggling injuries developing. Anyone can benefit from a sports massage, you don’t have to be a sports person!
A manual therapy available at Metro Physio Salford which involves manipulation of the spine to increase the range of movement. It is often used to relieve chronic lower back pain.
Taping can be used to give additional support to muscles and joints to aid the recovery process and reduce pain. The tape must be applied in a specific way which is influenced by many individual factors. You should consult an expert for advice before using tape yourself.
What Our Clients Think Of Our Services
Meet The Metro Physio Team
Please note that most therapists work at more than one clinic. If you wish to see a specific therapist please let us know and we will let you know which clinics they work at and at what times.
Physio Salford, Manchester
Metro Physio provides expert Physiotherapy, Sports Rehabilitation, Sports Massage, Acupuncture and many other services from our Salford Clinic and across Greater Manchester and Merseyside.
Our Salford Physiotherapists have all completed extensive training to ensure we provide first class care to people of all ages and abilities suffering from pain, weakness or mobility problems. Our Physios all regularly attend postgraduate training to ensure they stay up to date with current research to provide the highest level of assessment and treatment. We are so confident in the service provided that we offer a refund and your next session free if you are disappointed after any appointment. If you require physio in Salford, look no further.
Locating the Building Our Salford physio clinic located only a small distance from Sainsbury’s Superstore in Salford, Manchester and also even closer to Salford University. The building is located on the main A580 East Lancs Road leading into Manchester which then becomes the A6. We are located on this main road on the section comprising of a row of Georgian Terraced Houses named ‘The Crescent’ and we are in the middle of this terrace. Because of the road layout on ‘The Crescent’ we highly recommend that you approach us via Oldfield Road and then turn into Hulme Street which takes you directly to the car park located at the rear of our building.
Parking There is a large free car park at the rear of the clinic on Hulme Street and the postcode for this is M5 4PX, please ensure you use one of the 6 spaces labelled Metro Physio.
Accessing the Building Please use the entrance at the rear of the building which is located slightly to your left as you come out of the car park and with a sign on the rear wall with our logo. You may also use the front entrance on ‘The Crescent’ if you are getting here by public transport.
Locating Reception Reception is clearly signposted on the ground floor.
Locating The Treatment Room
The physio will take you through to the treatment room at your appointment time.