Occupational Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
What is Occupational Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation?
The aim of Occupational Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation is to provide fast track assessment and treatment for musculoskeletal conditions with a suitably qualified practitioner with a degree in Physiotherapy, Sports Rehabilitation or Sports therapy. The primary objective is to enable employees to remain in work, optimise their function in work or to return to work at the earliest opportunity.
Who uses this service?
Due to the effectiveness of successfully rehabilitating employees we currently provide this service to a wide range of companies including Greater Manchester Fire Service, North West Ambulance Service, Manchester City Council, Valtris Chemicals, Co-operative Group and Robinsons Unicorn Brewery to name just a few.
Did you know?
After 6 months of being off work because of back pain there is a 50% chance of not returning to work which increases to 75% at one year. To prevent musculoskeletal injuries from causing absenteeism we provide a “rapid response” service which is second to none.
Our service aims to:
- Prevent sickness absence due to musculoskeletal disorders
- Manage and resolve sickness absence due to musculoskeletal disorders
- Provide a cost effective service (Research shows that for every pound spent on vocational rehabilitation, twelve pounds is saved)
- Reduce expenditure on special investigation, invasive procedures and consultants
- Provide evidence-based treatment including “hands on” techniques appropriate to the individual’s presentation
- Address maladaptive psychological and behavioural problems
- Encourage self-management and active coping skills
- Implement strategies to enable the injured individual to return to work
- Provide immediate information on work capability
- Reduce the overall cost of claims
How does this service work?
- Staff suffering from musculoskeletal injuries can be rapidly referred to us without needing to see their GP.
- The employee will be offered an appointment for assessment and treatment within 48 HOURS of referral.
- Employees can choose from any of our clinics within Greater Manchester and Merseyside.
- Employees will undergo a thorough assessment with one of our highly trained and experienced therapists.
- Within 24 hours a comprehensive report will be sent outlining appropriate prognosis, recommendations, work related restrictions and treatment plans.
Please note; –
- Please advise the employee this is a fast track service so they are expected to attend within 48-hours of being referred.
- They should be willing to attend outside their normal working hours unless the employer agrees to allow in work time.
- If the employee has more than one musculoskeletal issue they should be on separate referrals unless they are due to the same cause of onset.
- For employees with multiple areas of symptoms, a protracted history or an extensive past medical history we may require a double initial appointment.
- If you are wishing to deal with an employee who has repeated absence, long-term absence, capability or performance issues you should request a Functional Capacity Evaluation (assessing fitness for work)
If you would like to find out more about the benefits of Occupational Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation – Please click here to contact us as we would love to help you.