Metro Physio Hyde – Corona Virus information and instructions
During these unprecedented times we of course must significantly alter the way we operate and ask that you read the below. You must only attend a face to face appointment if you are comfortable with the measures we have taken, considered the risks posed and therefore give informed consent. We have carried out a full Covid-19 risk assessment at all clinics and advise the following: –
- We use the guidelines provided by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy to justify a face to face appointment.
- If you opt for a face to face appointment, we take this as consent to contact tracing if this becomes necessary.
- If you self-fund treatment, we prefer contactless or if not card payment (we do not currently accept cash)
- You will be required to wear a mask upon entering the village hotel and will be denied access without one.
- Please attend alone unless you require a chaperone or assistance (any person attending must agree to follow the same procedures as yourself i.e. wear a face mask, be screened for Covid-19 symptoms, maintain social distance as much as possible, follow a one-way flow around the building etc.)
- Please attend no earlier than 5 minutes before your appointment to reduce the chance of contact with others.
- Please wait in your vehicle if you arrive early to your appointment as we have removed the waiting area.
- Your temperature and contact details will be taken by gym reception in line with track and trace recommendations.
- We have removed all non-essential items from the clinic.
- The therapist will greet you in reception at your appointment time and firstly screen you for symptoms of Covid-19.
- The treatment room will be cleaned and disinfected before and after every patient
- The therapist will wear PPE as instructed by the latest guidelines of a 3-ply face mask changed after every shift or if soiled, moist or damaged, disposable gloves and apron which are changed after every patient.
- At the completion of the appointment you will be asked to sanitise your hands.
- Following your session, you will be escorted out via a rear exit to reduce crossover with patients/gym members.
- PPE equipment will be disposed in line with current guidance
Treatments Provided by Metro Physio
Please note that our more specialised physiotherapy services such as injection therapy are not provided at all our clinics.
Physiotherapy & Sport Rehabilitation
We start with a detailed assessment and examination to ensure we have a clear understanding of the problem before building your plan and selecting treatment options. We will use a range of techniques and treatments to achieve the desired results and help you recover from injury or physical ailment.
Acupuncture is used in conjunction with other treatments such as manual therapy and exercise to enhance treatment outcomes by reducing pain and promoting healing. It stimulates the brain and spinal cord to produce natural chemicals such as endorphins and serotonin.
Ostenil Injection Therapy
An effective treatment for mild to moderate osteoarthritis, we inject a substance directly into a joint or tissue to achieve pain relief that typically lasts 9 – 12 months.
Sports Massage in Cheshire
Sports therapy includes sports massage which is a deep tissue massage used to alleviate stress and tension and to address minor issues as they occur to help prevent long term niggling injuries developing. Anyone can benefit from sports massage treatments, you don’t have to be a sports person!
A manual therapy which involves manipulation of the spine to increase the range of movement. It is often used to relieve chronic lower back pain.
Taping can be used to give additional support to muscles and joints to aid the recovery process and reduce pain. The tape must be applied in a specific way which is influenced by many individual factors. You should consult an expert for advice before using tape yourself.
What Our Clients Think Of Our Services
Meet The Metro Physio Team
Please note that most therapists work at more than one clinic. If you wish to see a specific therapist please let us know and we will let you know which clinics they work at and at what times.
Metro Physio provides expert Physiotherapy, Sports Rehabilitation, Sports Massage, Acupuncture and many other services from our Hyde Clinic and across Greater Manchester and Merseyside.
Our Hyde Physiotherapists have all completed extensive training to ensure we provide first class care to people of all ages and abilities suffering from pain, weakness or mobility problems. Our Physios all regularly attend postgraduate training to ensure they stay up to date with current research to provide the highest level of assessment and treatment. We are so confident in the service provided that we offer a refund and your next session free if you are disappointed after any appointment.
Locating the Building
Our Hyde Physiotherapy clinic is conveniently located within the Village hotel in Hyde. The clinic is easily located from junction 3 of the M67. Head North towards Dukinfield on Clark Way. After approximately 100m take the 2nd right at traffic lights onto Newton St. Immediately, take the first left at lights onto Dukinfield Road. After approximately 1km turn left onto Captain Clarke way (you will see the Village Hotel in front of you). Then take a right into the car park of the Village hotel.
There is a large car park which is free to park on. The postcode for this is SK14 4QG.
Accessing the Building
Enter the hotel through the main entrance and report to reception which is directly in front of you. The hotel staff will point you in the direction of our clinic which is located downstairs within the Village health club.
Locating Waiting Area
As you go down the stairs to the left of hotel reception you will see gym reception. Inform the receptionist that you are attending for a physiotherapy appointment and they will direct you to the waiting area. Take a seat at the waiting area and the therapist will come and greet you at your appointment time.